Dental Crowns & Bridges in Woodbridge, NJ
Dental crowns are fixed dental prosthesis that cover the upper part of a natural tooth. Also known as “caps,” the dental crowns is of the most commonly employed treatments in the dental clinics. It is a cap that is tooth shaped and covers a particular tooth to re-establish its size, appearance, shape and improve its strength.
When are dental crowns needed?
A dental crown is recommended in cases, including:
- An advanced tooth decay which cannot be treated with a filling
- A severely cracked tooth, which needs extra support to stay together
- Excessively worn out teeth (caused by tooth grinding or acid reflux, bulimia or acidic diet)
- To support a bridge
- To cover a tooth implant
- Cosmetic reasons, when a tooth is severely discolored or misshaped
What are Dental Bridges?
Dental bridges are a restorative treatment for the missing teeth. The procedure involves creating a dental prosthesis made of one or two dental crowns and one or more pontic teeth. The teeth neighboring the gap are called abutment teeth, and they are used as support for the bridge. In-between the abutment teeth one (or more) false tooth is inserted to cover the space occupied by the missing tooth. The false tooth is known as a pontic.
Benefits of Dental Crowns & Bridges in Woodbridge, NJ
Known as the fastest, cheapest and most effective way to treat a dental gap, the bridge is popular all over the world. The reasons for which people turn to dental bridges for replacing missing teeth include:
- The bridge treatment is open for people of all age, provided that the neighboring teeth are in good condition.
- Natural appearance
- Smile restoration and maintains the shape of your face
- Distributes the bite force equally
- Prevent the teeth from drifting from its original position
- Less invasive than the dental implants
- As dental bridges are fixed, you need not worry about taking it out to clean
- Cost effective and less expensive in comparison to the dental implants
- Addresses the speech problems
Contact us today to learn more about dental crowns & bridges in Woodbridge, NJ and how they can help restore your smile.